One of the most popular and highest rated voice games on Amazon Alexa, Google Home Assistant, and Samsung Bixby, Question of the Day poses a new question every day, from arts and entertainment to history and science. Each day, fans test their knowledge, collect points, earn bonus questions, and learn how others around the world have answered. Question of the Day is regularly featured in "Top 10 Alexa Skills" lists, including on CNBC.
To begin, choose your platform:
Amazon Alexa: "Alexa, what's the Question of the Day?"
Google Assistant: "OK Google, ask Question of the Day."
Samsung Bixby: "Hi Bixby, ask Question of the Day."
Question of the Day is also available as a Flashcast (miniature podcast, running about 2-3 minutes each), with brand new episodes every day. Listen to Murray and Tamika discuss the day's question, dive deeper into the topic, and learn something new.
Discover new episodes and subscribe to the Flashcast:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Question of the Day?
Question of the Day is one of the world’s most popular trivia games, available on Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Samsung Bixby devices. We’ve got millions of fans around the world who play in four different languages in dozens of countries.
In addition to the voice app, QOTD is also a mobile app, popular podcast, and website:
- Our new mobile app (https://link.socratix.com/app) is now available in the App Store and Google Play Store! Through the app you can play with friends, view leaderboards, track your stats, sync with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, and more.
- Our daily podcast “Question of the Day with Murray and Tamika” is available on all major podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
- Our website www.askQOTD.com goes more in-depth about each day’s question with a new article everyday.
2. Is Question of the Day free?
Absolutely! Anyone can play Question of the Day, earn bonus questions, and collect points and other personal stats at no cost.
Members of our Trivia Club pay a small monthly fee (see FAQ #9 below), but the daily question is completely free.
3. What can I do with the points?
Points help you determine the difficulty level of the question you are about to be asked. For example, if you’re told the question is worth 9 points, you now know that the question will be more challenging than normal and that few people answered correctly that day. If the question is worth, say, 2 points, the question will be much easier.
Your overall points total is just for fun. You can compare your total with your friends and family for a friendly competition.
However, subscribers to our Trivia Club join a leaderboard to compare points with fans in their area (learn more in FAQ #9 below).
4. How is the point value of each question determined?
The point value is determined by the number of people who answer the question correctly. If 50% of fans answer a question correctly, then the question is worth 5 points. Or if 20% answer a question correctly, then the question is worth 8 points.
Point values are live statistics. While they rarely change after the first hour that the question has been made available, occasionally a point will be added or subtracted throughout the day, depending on the success of fans who play later in the day.
5. Occasionally I forget to play and then I lose my play streak. What can I do?
You can set a reminder by saying, "Alexa/Hey Google, remind me everyday to play Question of the Day." You’ll then be asked what time you'd like to be reminded.
6. Alexa sometimes mistakes my answer “B” for “D.” What can I do?
One unique aspect of Question of the Day is that you can respond in a variety of ways: with the letter (A, B, C, D), with the word or phrase (“sunflowers”), or with both (“B, sunflowers”). Try answering a different way next time and see if that helps.
7. I use a smart speaker. If I need more time before answering, or I need to hear the question again, what can I do?
Just say, “Repeat the question.”
8. How can I turn the “Question of the Day with Murray and Tamika” Flashcast feature on or off?
If you’re in the United States, you can say “Alexa, tell Question of the Day to turn on the podcast” to make it a daily feature. You can also say “Alexa, tell Question of the Day to cancel the podcast” to remove the feature.
If you’d like to hear previous episodes, or if you’re outside of the United States, you can listen and subscribe to the Flashcast on most major podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
9. I love trivia! How do I get more questions each day?
Subscribe to our TRIVIA CLUB and each day you’ll receive the new daily question, three Challenge Questions, ranking on local and national leaderboards, unlimited access to our multi-player Game Packs, and exclusive access to our Archives.
Trivia Club is currently available in the United Kingdom and United States, on Amazon Alexa devices and in our mobile app. Learn more in our Trivia Club FAQs.
Amazon Echo device owners can start a FREE 7-day trial by saying, "Alexa, ask Question of the Day about Trivia Club."
10. How do I play when I'm away from home?
You can play Question of the Day by using the Alexa app on your smart phone or tablet. Open the app, hit the blue Alexa icon, and say, “What’s the question of the day?”
11. I'm having problems with my play streak or points accumulation. What can I do?
We're here to help! Send us a private message at support (at) volleythat.com and include the email address that's on your smart speaker account.
And be sure to check out our other voice applications, such as Sound Machine.